IKEA under bed storage is space-saving storage solution that maximizes space utilization and helps keep your bedroom organized.
The concept is simple yet effective. IKEA offers a range of under-bed storage options, with some common features that make them work effectively.
Firstly, IKEA’s hidden under-bed storage typically comes in the form of shallow drawers or pull-out boxes that can fit neatly under most bed frames.
These drawers or boxes are designed to be slim, so they can easily slide in and out from under the bed without taking up much vertical space.
Secondly, the bedroom storage is usually equipped with smooth-gliding casters or wheels. This enables easy movement and access, making it convenient to retrieve items from under the bed without any heavy lifting or effort.
Thirdly, the under-bed drawer system is made of durable materials, ensuring they can withstand frequent use and the weight of the items stored within.
IKEA also offers various sizes and styles of under-bed storage, catering to different bed frame heights and individual preferences.
Some options may have additional features like dividers or compartments for better organization.
How Do You Make Storage Under an IKEA Bed?
Creating storage under an IKEA bed is a practical and space-saving solution. To do this, you can follow these general steps:
1. Measure the Space
Start by measuring the area under the bed, considering the length, width, and height available.
This will help you determine the size and type of storage solutions that will fit under the bed.
2. Choose Storage Options
IKEA offers various storage solutions that fit well under their beds. Some popular options include:
1. Underbed Storage Boxes: IKEA sells under-bed storage boxes specifically designed to fit under their bed frames. They are available in different sizes and materials.
2. Storage Drawers: Some IKEA bed frames come with built-in drawers underneath. If your bed frame has this option, you can use these drawers for storage.
3. Skubb Storage Bags: IKEA’s Skubb series includes fabric storage bags with handles that can slide under the bed. They are useful for storing clothing, linens, and other soft items.
4. Kallax/Shelving Units: For beds with more clearance, you can use IKEA’s Kallax or other shelving units to create custom storage solutions under the bed.
Place baskets or storage containers on the shelves to keep items organized.
3. Assembly and Installation
Follow the assembly instructions provided by IKEA for the storage options you’ve chosen. Make sure the storage units are sturdy and correctly assembled.
4. Organize and Declutter
Before placing items under the bed, declutter and organize your belongings. Keep similar items together and label boxes or containers for easy identification.
5. Utilize Vacuum Bags
To save space and keep items like clothing or bedding compressed, consider using vacuum storage bags.
These will help reduce the bulk of your items and make them easier to fit under the bed.
6. Consider Bed Risers
If your bed frame is too low to accommodate the storage solutions you want, you can use bed risers to increase the clearance height.
This will allow you to fit larger storage bins or drawers.
7. Safety Considerations
Ensure that the storage units you use are stable and won’t interfere with the bed’s stability. Avoid placing heavy items that might damage the bed frame or cause imbalance.
By following these steps, you can efficiently utilize the space under your IKEA bed and create convenient storage solutions for various items.
Always ensure that the storage method you choose complements the bed’s design and doesn’t compromise its structural integrity.
What is IKEA Under Bed Storage Used for?
IKEA under-bed storage is designed to provide additional storage space under a bed. It’s a practical solution to make the most of the often unused space beneath your bed frame.
Under-bed storage from IKEA typically comes in the form of drawers, boxes, or bins that fit neatly under the bed, maximizing the available space in your bedroom.
The primary purpose of IKEA under-bed storage is to help you organize and store various items, such as:
1. Clothing: You can store out-of-season clothing like sweaters and jackets under the bed during warmer months, and vice versa.
2. Bedding and Linens: Extra sheets, blankets, and pillows can be neatly stored under the bed, keeping them easily accessible yet out of the way.
3. Shoes: Under-bed storage is an excellent solution for keeping shoes organized and preventing clutter in your closet.
4. Extra Belongings: If you have limited closet or dresser space, under-bed storage can be used to store miscellaneous items, such as books, accessories, toys, or hobby materials.
5. Seasonal Decorations: Items like holiday decorations or seasonal decor can be safely stored under the bed when not in use.
6. Off-season Sports Gear: Sporting equipment, like skiing gear or camping supplies, can be stored under the bed when not in use.
IKEA offers a variety of under-bed storage options to fit different bed sizes and styles, making it a versatile solution for bedroom organization.
Using under-bed storage can help you maintain a clean and clutter-free living space while keeping frequently-used items within easy reach.
How to Build IKEA Underbed Storage Drawers?
Building IKEA under-bed storage drawers is a fairly straightforward process if you have the right tools and follow the instructions provided with the product.
However, you can build IKEA under-bed storage drawers by following these steps:
1. Read the Instructions: Start by thoroughly reading the assembly instructions that come with the under-bed storage drawers.
IKEA instructions usually include diagrams and clear step-by-step directions to guide you through the process.
2. Gather Tools and Materials: Check the list of tools required for assembly. Typically, you’ll need a screwdriver, hammer, and possibly other basic tools.
Make sure you have everything you need before starting.
3. Organize the Parts: Unbox all the parts and organize them, keeping similar components together.
Verify that you have all the necessary parts and hardware as listed in the instructions.
4. Follow the Steps: Begin assembling the drawers by following the step-by-step instructions provided. IKEA instructions usually use illustrations that are easy to follow.
Pay attention to any specific orientations or alignments mentioned in the instructions.
5. Assemble the Frame: Build the main frame of the under-bed storage drawers according to the instructions.
This typically involves connecting the side panels, bottom, and back panels using screws or cam locks.
6. Attach Runners or Wheels: Depending on the design, you might need to attach runners or wheels to the bottom of the drawers.
These allow the drawers to slide in and out easily.
7. Add Dividers or Compartments: If your under-bed storage drawers have dividers or compartments, install them according to the instructions.
8. Check for Stability: Before placing the drawers under the bed, check the stability and ensure all connections are tight and secure.
9. Place Under the Bed: Once the drawers are fully assembled and stable, slide them under the bed. Make sure they fit properly and can be easily accessed.
10. Test Functionality: Open and close the drawers to ensure they slide smoothly and that they are aligned properly.
Remember, always follow the specific instructions provided with your IKEA under-bed storage drawers.
The above steps are meant as a general guideline, but the actual process may vary depending on the model you have.
If you encounter any difficulties during assembly, consult the IKEA website or reach out to their customer support for assistance.